Oct 24, 2011

Acceptance

Have you watched Kung Fu Panda 2? There is one line that stung me and have kept me thinking. Something that Master Shifu said to Po,

"Remember Dragon Warrior, anything is possible when you have inner peace"



What is inner peace?

..

There are times when I am somewhat disturbed by people, situation, place, or even some facts I found in my life. Times when I found things are simply unacceptable.

..One who can jump the queue without feeling guilty, at all.

..Or one who can litter on the road, and smiles.

..The moment when being sad is not an option while we are mentally, brutally tired.

..The place where its people are truly sick and do not realize that they are.

..The fact that we are taught to treat people the way we want to be treated yet we find out that some people do not treat us the way we treated them.

..Or the fact that the person whom we care the most are the one who has the biggest power to hurt us.

How can we get this inner peace? How can I find it when I am surrounded by all that stuff above? I am aware that if they can define my own peace, then it is not 'inner peace', it would be called 'outer peace' which is just not right.

And then I realized that when I am disturbed, it is because I find things go out of my control, things do not go as I planned as if I know how things are supposed to be.

I forgot that nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Not even the fallen leave.

And then I found that there is one answer to most of my problems lately. Something I have learned for so long and never passed the test. Something called.. 'Acceptance'.

I realize that I have to accept that there are people who have different value with mine. I have to accept that whatever happen, happens for a reason although it may take quite some time for me to understand. I have to accept that there are things I cannot change which I should not concentrate so much on.

But when I accept those things, it does not mean that I agree or support them. I just have to accept the fact that mistakes (as I see them) are ways for people to learn, and the process of learning for one person is different from another, as probably mine is different from theirs. I have to accept that sometimes I have to give up my power, interference, judgement to let some people learn their own lesson. I have to accept that fact, no matter what.

The good thing is, when I start to realize that I accept the fact that there are things I cannot control, I find out that they stop to control my happiness as well.

I know that now I have the power to decide what to do next but first..
Dear the Merciful,
May I pass this test.
Let me find my inner peace.

..



"You've got to let go of that stuff from the past because it just doesn't matter . The only thing that matters is what you choose to be now," - Po.